92 Spirit rear wheel bearings

What kind of wheel bearings are in a 92 Spirit rear brake drum? e.g., two tapered roller bearings, or one big sealed bearing like a old Ford Taurus. ?

IF it is the old style bearing set, can it be converted to the newer sealed bearing, such as changing spindles and drums to something newer?

Thanks.

Reply to
clemslay

Just the standard bearing that require the outer race to be pressed into the hub assembly. The inner race just rests on the axle spline. As far as going with a completely sealed unit, I can't be certain if it can be converted. But I have to ask why would you want to do that? Considering that the grease seals prevent heavy contamination of the bearing.

Reply to
MWinkle353

The old kind. Thanks !

Spite. :) I told the boss that I thought they were the old style bearing. He arrogantly told me that most cars are the single sealed bearing. (because his old Taurus had that). Since I'm wrong either way, I thought of newer spindles and drums.

?? .

Reply to
clemslay