same parts in eldorado?

i have a freind who just bought a 97 eldorado, and he said he was told to stay away from 92 to 94 eldorados as they had alot of problems with the motor, i didn't know there was much difference in a 94 to a 97, dont they
have the same motor and pretty much the same parts?
sr
All I can offer is what the dealer told me when I bought a '93 Sixty Special; "This is the first year of the single piece engine block." Apparently the Northstar engine was made from two half engine blocks which was prone to oil leakage.
--
Don
Vancouver, USA