Eldorado axle boots

Hi, just found this group and have a question...and probably more to follow. I am helping a friend with a 76 Eldorado 'vert. The axles were replaced recently and now the boots are destroyed again. The shop that replaced the axles is out of business but it looked like they were quality units. Before we replace these axles again, are we missing someting peculiar about these cars? I'm a Studebaker person and retired Benz tech, but have a special place in my heart for older Caddys, having owned one (67 'vert) years ago. Studebaker George

Reply to
StudebakerGeorge

George, It may have been the problem of new-old-stock. 28 year old rubber tends to be a little crumbly... Or it could be an incompatible lubricant that destroyed the boots(?!)

Reply to
Craig Dieter