1999 camaro

my service engine light came on about a month ago and then went out in a few days, however, it came back on again and was flashing when i accelerated on the highway. the scan code was a general 9300. the
performance of the car is poor it seems like it isn't getting fuel. it happens when either the engine is hot or cold.what could be wrong? thanks, lori
1999 camaro is an obdII vehicle. 9300 code doesn't exist with common scanners. you need to find or pay for a scanner that will give you a P-number. if the light is not on at the time of the scan you still can retrieve a history or current code. when you do, you are on your way to finding the prob. However the code itself doesn't mean thats the problem...then you follow what is called flow of diagnostics to pinpoint the exact prob.
Thanks for your help............the code is PO300 not 9300 what does this mean?
P0300 - Random multiple cylinder missfire

My 2000 just did this 2 months ago. It was the ignition coil pack. The 2000 has 3 seperate coil packs held in place with 2 tiny bolts that sit on the ignition module with each pack controlling spark to 2 opposite cylinders. When one is firing the other is exhuasting thus one coil pack does the job. You need a multitester to determine which pack could be bad. Remove the spark plug wires from one coil pack and check secondary resistance using an ohmmeter by touching one lead of the multitester to one post of the coil pack and the other lead to the other post. Should be from 5000 to 6500 ohms. Check the other 2 packs also. Mine failed this test and upon removing I found it to be highly corroded. I bought a new coil pack for around $32. You can also check primary resistance by removing the coil pack and testing the pins that protrude out of it. Should be from .3 to .6 ohms.
-Camaro Cowboy http://community-2.webtv.net/Z24PODS/2000ccc /
Thanks for the info.......... I just took it to Schucks and had a scan it was PO301 SO I took it to a mechanic and had him replace the sparkplugs. All was well for about 2 blocks. So I will do as you suggested. Thanks again
Thanks for your info. It was the ignition wires. Appreciate your time. Lori
Thank you for sharing your knowledge. It did help....it turned out to be the ignition wires in the 1st cylinder.
Thanks again lori
My pleasure to help out. I'm glad you got it running good again.!! :-)
-Camaro Cowboy