03 Silverado dash brake indicator constantly dim

The brake light on the dash has been dim for a while now. I've been unable to find anyone that can tell me what's wrong with it and I'm too subborn to take it to the dealership. Tonight I let my son drive the truck and on the way back the light started flashing as if there were a short somewhere. It never went completely out. The light stays on even when the truck isn't on.

Reply to
merlin

Thank you for posting this. We'll make sure that the above words are inscribed on your tombstone.

Signed, Department of Last Wishes

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Is this the same light that comes on when the emergency brake is set? If it is, you could have a loose ground on that switch mechanism. Look under the dash where the emergency brake pedal is connected for the wires. If that isn't the problem, I would take it to a dealer and make sure that the ABS is working properly.

Reply to
Mark Schooley