05 Tahoe - can make factory fog lamps on all the time?

On my 05 Tahoe is there a way to make the factory fog lights be on whenever my headlights turn on? I like to have them on but hate to push the button every time I remember. Is there a setting I can change in computer at dealer?

Reply to
Useless Tech

jgassaway

Greetings,

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to reprogram your BCM to turn on the fog lights automatically when you start your truck. This is for safety and legal reasons (some jurisdictions may have a rule against having fog lights on in certain circumstances).

Since fog lights were not intended for full-time use and you already have DRL's on your vehicle for daytime use there really is no need for fog lights all the time. In fact, it's pretty hard for me to believe that just pressing one button would be that much of an inconvenience.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Probably. I installed a diode between two of the relays under the hood so that my lows stay on when the high's come on.

Reply to
Sigwings

Around Dallas you see pricks all the time driving their yuppie utility vehicles with fog lights on all the time. I guess they don't get noticed enough in real life so they have to try this.

Reply to
Bob M

Damn, everyone's gotta flame you. Now, they can flame me. I have a 99 silverado and I'm one of the "pricks" that run with my fog lights on while the low beams are on. My dash switch is functional to turn them off when I happen to see one of the smartasses that thinks I'm a prick. Three years ago, I bought the thing that turns on my fog lights with the low beams. I bought the thing that keeps my low beams on with the hibeams. I also bought the thing that unlocks the doors when I shift to park, instead of "pushing one lousy button." I also bought a thing that makes my headlight switch functional. I can turn off my drl's in the daytime or I can keep my headlights off in the car wash. The sad news is that the guy went out of business. I hope you can find what you're looking for. I'm glad I bought mine.

Reply to
George

Man with big hat. Have no cattle.

Reply to
Bill

Because I want them on....

Reply to
Useless Tech

Thanks for the confidence booster. I have switched out my DRLs to orange lights like the newer vettes. My factory foglights have been replaced with brighter bulbs.

Reply to
Useless Tech

Reply to
none2u