Fog Lamps

Hi, My 1979 series 3 has no fog lamp and looks like it never has had one fitted. Does anyone know if this is legal or is it a requirement for the MOT to have fog lamps fitted?

Cheers Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

In news:L0Sei.1047$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net, Adrian Ford wittered on forthwith;

IIRC the fog lamp requirement was 1980ish.

Reply to
Pete M

From a brief google (shame on you ;-) ) the following appears;

---------- My 1972 Landrover Series 2A does not have a rear fog light fitted and never has. The MOT Station has failed it because of this - are they right?

According the the Testers manual a rear fog lamp is only mandatory for vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1980. So it would seem that your Testing station is incorrect in this instance. Quote them the Testers Manual, section 1.1 page 4 under the heading information. Hope this helps. MOTT.

----------

I daresay a little more googling should confirm it, in case the rules have changed (which I doubt).

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Pre 1962, you don't even have to have amber indicators - a unit which flashes the side and stop light will do (and yes, I have tested tis - and the MOT man eventually had to admit that I was correct)

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

On or around Sun, 24 Jun 2007 02:55:49 +0200, Stuart Gray enlightened us thusly:

subject to not showing a white light to the rear or a red light to the front...

Reply to
Austin Shackles