97 Chevy brakes

Was driving my dads 97 chevy silverado to town today, going about 10 miles per hour down a dirt road. I was told we had to stop and go back to the house. The front tires had just hit a muddy place and the back where still on solid ground. The pedal pulsed and I heard a loud chattering sound. I figure it was just because of the traction conditions, but figured I'd ask here anyways, to see if I was right.

Thanks for any info.

James

Reply to
JC

Not to worry, it was the ABS brakes kicking in...........

Reply to
Scott M
.

normal ops......no probs.

marsh ========

97 Chevy brakes Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2003, 1:24am From: snipped-for-privacy@JC.net (JC) Was driving my dads 97 chevy silverado to town today, going about 10 miles per hour down a dirt road. I was told we had to stop and go back to the house. The front tires had just hit a muddy place and the back where still on solid ground. The pedal pulsed and I heard a loud chattering sound. I figure it was just because of the traction conditions, but figured I'd ask here anyways, to see if I was right.

Thanks for any info. James

.
Reply to
Scribb Abell