How to change a heater core.

Hello, My 82 Suburban is dripping in the passenger floor anti freeze and fogging up the windshield . It seems like it might stop dripping, when I keep the heat off. Ive never done a heater core in this vehicle. Could anyone give me an idea whats necessary to get this done. Is it a remove the dash job, or is it under the hood and remove the black covers over the heater and AC stuff on the firewall. Or by some small chance does it come out the glove box hole easily. I already checked the hoses attached to the core and they arent leaking.

Thanks.

Reply to
None4U

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
None4U

The only heater core I did, was a Dodge van. It came apart from under the hood.

Run the engine till it's warm, and run the heater till the hoses get good and hot. Cold hoses stick to the tube, and are a PIA to remove. Warm or hot hoses will come off much easier. I know this from trying to yank the cold hoses off a Dodge heater core, and breaking the copper tubing.

Wish I was more help. I'd try from under the hood first, because it's the easiest.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
None4U