Where to find a forged crankshaft for the GM 4.2L Line 6

Anyone know of a company that is making 4340 steel forged crankshafts for the new GM line 6 engine?

Eric D

Reply to
Eric D

Where to find a forged crankshaft for the GM 4.2L Line 6 Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Thu, Jan 8, 2004, 8:57am (CST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Eric=A0D) Anyone know of a company that is making 4340 steel forged crankshafts for the new GM line 6 engine? Eric D

FYI the GM in-line 6 is a 4.1L not a 4.2L I believe the line 6 only came in 4.1L and 3.5L As for the part your best bet is to search on Google.... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

"Steve Cook" wrote

He mentioned that this was the "new" inlines six. It's a 4.2 liter engine.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Where do you get your info??? the inline gm motor is a 4.1 L ????? the gm inline motor in the trailblazer is a 4.2 L or 256 cubic inches as specifed both ways by gm.....

93 mm or 2.66 inches bore 102 mm or 4.02 inches stroke compression ratio of 10 to 1 am I sometimes kinda right here or what???

Where to find a forged crankshaft for the GM 4.2L Line 6

Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Thu, Jan 8, 2004, 8:57am (CST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Eric D) Anyone know of a company that is making 4340 steel forged crankshafts for the new GM line 6 engine? Eric D

FYI the GM in-line 6 is a 4.1L not a 4.2L I believe the line 6 only came in 4.1L and 3.5L As for the part your best bet is to search on Google.... Steve C

Reply to
Bobo