1992 B350 Van Fuel Delivery Problem

Would a failed fuel pump take out a fusible link?

I drove over a blanket which wrapped around the driveshaft. What a mess. Took out a brake line...screwed up the transmission rear seal...yikes!

Ok - I've repaired all that..and replaced the battery for unrelated reasons. When I went to start it a fusible link fried. I replaced it. Now I have crank...power to all accessories...but no fuel delivery. I've tried to test for power at the relay connectors but I'm not getting anything. I might not be testing it properly though.

So...I ask...if the gas tank was slapped around by the blanket - it's nearly full - and all the crud in it was put into suspension - could that cause the filter to load up and take out the pump?

How can I test for power at the pump? I don't seem to find a feed wire to the pump. Does the tank have to be dropped to access the pump for replacement?

Any other thoughts?

HELP!!!! :~)

Peter

Reply to
Khodabear

Yes, in case of a short circuit.

Maybe you find the fuel filter instead the fuel pump.

Your tank should have an integral fuel pump. I would check fuel pump relay and check supply line to the pump with a test lamp and an amp meter for current.

Regards,

Ralf

Reply to
Ralf Ballis

Thanks Ralf Peter

Ralf Ballis wrote:

Reply to
Khodabear

A screw used to secure the headliner backer board - run in by a friend helping out - shorted the overhead harness. Repairing that issue restored fuel delivery.

Thanks to all!

Peter

Khodabear wrote:

Reply to