240 fuel delivery problem

I have a 84 240 which when I push the accelerator past about a 1/4 I get a stuttering noise and no power. if im going at 3000rmp then I hit the acc it just drops powa completely. could this be a blocked injector? anyone had this problem help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Mitch

Reply to
Beige_hornet

Likely a failing mass air flow sensor.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Dietz

try removing the connector to the air mass flow sensor and re-connecting it several times, to "clean" the contacts. If that helps, consider using a pin to gently push the contact leaves in the connector closer together, so that they grip the metal tabs better..... I had the same problem a while back, found that this worked nicely! Of course, if the sensor itself is failing, it will need replacing, but this is a cheap fix to try! Also, check to see that your fuel pumps are working.....

m9876c at yahoo dot com

Reply to
Al Dente