1998 Intrepid - Heater question

Hello! Desparately looking for some advice. My frustration level has reached a new high with the stupid heater!

Details: 1998 intrepid es, with automatic temperature control. AC fully charged and functional. Heat is hot.

Issue: Control module keeps throwing code 23 and 32. I can manually move the blend door to get either heat or AC. Given the Code 23, I replaced the actuator. went through the calibration procedure. no change.

Replaced the control unit with a known good unit. followed the reset procedure in the factory service manual. still throwing 23 and 32.

The actuator appears to be functioning properly, so now I'm starting to suspect a problem with the door itself. I think the dash needs to be disassembled to get the hvac unit out so that I can look at the door.

Before I start taking it apart, I was hoping someone may have had a similar issue and could offer advice.

Anyone?

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
dmschuler