2000 Voyager Horn Problem

Just lost horn button operation from steering wheel. When I cranked car, the airbag light stayed on for a longer period of time than normal.

Horn still works from remote.

Reply to
wildthing33

My son's 1998 Voyager lost its horn and it turned out that the horn and the airbag share some kind of circuitry. (Yes, his airbag light stayed on also.) The shop that had it for inspection said that because of the inter-connection, it was expensive to fix it properly ("expensive" is my term -- they gave a price we couldn't countenance ... and which I don't remember). The cheap fix was they wired in a simple push button attached to the dash.

Reply to
Ron Seiden

Clockspring is broken.

Reply to
holycow

These problems usually indicate a defective "clock spring" ribbon cable in the steering wheel. This was a common problem when the van was re-designed for the 1996 model year, but I thought that it not so much of a problem by 1998 and beyond.

-Kirk Matheson

Reply to
kmatheson

On my 1998 T&C the airbag light would come on and stay on for a while and the go off. After a while it stayed on more and more. The the horn stopped working and the cruise control was not working. As already stated, it is the clockspring. Mine was covered under a recall that was valid for the life of the car.

Reply to
gdcoxjr

There is a recall on replacing the clockspring for a problem such as this. Contact your local dealer to have this looked at. The recall is free to you but if someone did wiring repairs to add a horn button dont be surprised if they charge you to put this vehicle back to the original circuit.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Reply to
philthy

Thanks so much guys. You were correct!

After one dealership denying that there was a recall AND Chrysler initially saying the same thing, persistance finally paid off and I got the part replaced absolutely free.

Strange that I never received a recall notice on this one but get tons of recalls on a Ford product that I own.

Reply to
wildthing33