2003 Chrysler 300M

I?m looking at buying a 2003 Chrysler 300M with 35,000 miles. Does anyone have advice on problems or issues with this car?

Thank you.

Reply to
dpfidler

A/C condenser tends to break and leak out all your 134a and sway bar end links tend to fail early and often cauing a rattle when going over bumps. Other than these two problems and one output speen sensor that went out ours has been a very good car.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

We have an '02 300M with about 37,000 miles. Other than routine maintenance, the only thing that's been done to it is unjam the driver's side window and replace the driver's side mirror (it would tilt down too far when the car was in reverse).

Perce

On 06/22/05 05:30 pm Steve B. tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Just the reception on the radio was poor when the defroster was engaged. A new filter cleared this up.

No issues on my '02

Reply to
NJ Vike

'02 M here clocking in at 58k mi. It burns about a qt of oil every 3k or so but other than that it's been a good ride so far. I bought the car used with 22k mi and immediately changed the oil/filter, air filter, spark plugs, transmission & differential fluids and dumped in a couple bottles of anti-foam for the transmission as well. Engine layout is straightforward so everything is easily accessible. Eventually replaced the brake pads and rotors and that was an easy job too. It's a great looking car, I receive compliments on it all the time.

Reply to
HAMBURGER

Window motors and regulators were a major problem on the 99. Change your AT fluid every 35k miles and use the correct fluid with no additives. Expect one or the other sensors on the AT to go every 50k miles leaving you with second gear only. Don't get ripped off for a new AT when all you need is a $30 sensor.

Reply to
Art

I have a 2004

So far have had to get the Kframe tightened, Door seals comming away, and a slight window grinding sound. Many people report problems with the AC, power door locks and rotors warping.

I personally love the car, I bought it used with 26K/KM and have added another 32K/KM in 8 months. It's pretty smooth and has great power. On the down side the cabin noise is a little loud at higher speeds.

Reply to
Steve

Steve - that's probably the tires doing that (and maybe some wind noise

- but mostly tires). There are some very good quiet tires.

Bill Putney

It may be the tires but I have the Michelin MXV4+ which are much quieter than the original equipment Goodyears and between the road and engine noise, the 300M cabin is much noisier than the Toyota Avalon cabin.

Reply to
Art

I have a 2000 LHS and it?s gone to 100,000 miles with no problems. The LHS is basically a 300m with a Concorde body without the autostick. I recommend you change the tranny fluid every 40000 miles at least and use the recommended fluid. My car uses maybe 1/2qt every 5000mi. All sensors have been fine I replaced the timing belt @ 80000mi and do the water pump while your at it. The sucky parts of these cars is the change the head light bulbs you have to drop the front bumper a little bit and the belts are all hidden underneath the cross bar so it has to be removed.

Reply to
Dawgz83944