97 LHS auto headlight on-off control doesn't

My sons 97 LHSs and mine have the auto on/off headlight controls. Neither turn the headlights off during the day. Mine used to - before I had a 'remote' reconfigured. I've replaced the sensor on mine to no avail. Anybody have any ideas? Are these controled by the body (or whatever it is) computer? I didn't find the circuit in my Haynes manual. tia

Reply to
Bones

I have two, and they're both doing it too. The lights will go out in dim daylight, but as soon as the full sun hits them the lights are back on again. I have done nothing to fix them, but I suspect the BCM is overestimating the amount of sunlight, and it goes so high that it goes into some "error" mode which turns the lights back on.

Reply to
Joe

Extra followup on this topic: it's not covered in the factory shop manual. It says there's a separate "body diagnostic procedures" manual.

Reply to
Joe

In case you're still out there. My dealer finally confirmed the lights on is controlled by the body computer. Wants 70$ to see what the codes are! I'm tempted to change out the 'puter to see what happens.

Reply to
Bones

Thanks! I'm still here.

Reply to