Adding dash speakers to '95 Lebaron

I was at a junk yard that had nice 3 1/2 inch dash speakers so I bought them.

The shop manual for the '95 Lebaron convertible shows that the wiring is already done for dash speakers, in parallel with the door speakers, and indeed the connector ws there, stuck to the inside hole cover.

But when I hooked them up, no sound comes from them. I disconnected the door speakers to be sure.

Any advice? Are they normally connected? When I pull on the dash wires, they don't come out very far. They must be attached somewhere, and if hey're in the harness, I can hardly believe they are not connected. Where would I find the other end of the dash wires?

(It's getting cold and I really didn't allow time to hunt for wires under my dash, especially on the right side. If I can't learn a short cut, they won't be connected until next spring or summer.)

mm

mm