Can I change the struts on my 96 Grande Voyager by myself?

I just bought a 96 Grande Voyager from my employer. I have driven this vehicle many times and I know it needs struts. Can I do this myself?

Thanks,

Gary Stewart

Reply to
stewart

Yes, get a shop manual and when done an alignment.

Reply to
Coasty

And don't forget a realy good spring compressor..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Reply to
jdoe

news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

You can do it yourself. Buy them from a parts store with a "loan a tool" program so that you can borrow a spring compressor from them. That being said this is one of those jobs that it makes no sense to do yourself in my opinion. I have done it twice... both times it has taken most of the day to do all four. For the price a tire shop charges to replace them next time I'll just let them do it (have to take it there when you are done anyway to get it aligned).

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Just curious......who replaces them for free? And if it is for free I'm sure they tripled the cost for the parts

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

In the FREE case it is just another four letter word.

Reply to
Coasty

The typical sale is but 3 get the 4th free. Monroe shock dealers sell the set installed for over $200.00. Typical shock/muffler shops, etc.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

I do a lot of my own repairs myself, especially electrical, I always pass on muffler and front suspension type work, I'd rather pay.

Reply to
Mr.X

Pep Boys is currently offering free instalation on Monroe struts.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard