Chrysler radio just beeps, and beeps, and beeps...

Hi,

I've got a Chrysler AM/FM/CD player that I pulled out of a 1996 Dodge Stratus and can't seem to get anything intelligent out of it. I hook it up and it just beeps repeatedly back at me when I try and tune in a radio station.

Could this be an anti-theft mechanism (on a stock radio?) and if so, is there a way to shut it off? Is it perhaps something else completely? The top label provides the following:

Part Number: P4858555

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Reply to
None

Yeah, probably! Contact Chrysler?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Yup, its a anti-theft feature, and don't expect Chrysler to spend any time helping you out on this one. Kim

Reply to
Neil

Did I miss something here? I have driven Chrysler vehicles since '92, most with TOTL stereos. None of these units have had an anti-theft feature nor has such been described in the brochures. Additionally those I have purchased on Ebay to upgrade have not had this feature. Could you please elaborate on your comment?

Reply to
RPhillips47