chrysler rebates after Jan 3?

Anybody know of a list of what rebates Chrysler will be offering after the Jan 3 cut off? thanks

Reply to
frenchy

James C. Reeves

Looks like the answer is "zip"....Frenchy

Reply to
frenchy

For now. Now isn't the time of year for automakers to offer rebates. People are tapped out after Christmas and their tax refund checks are months away, they cannot afford to buy even if your giving away the vehicles. The automakers have another 6 months before they have to start worrying about unloading inventory for the new models. And the foreign currency exchange rate could easily make your import competition lots more expensive in the next 6 months and eliminate the need for rebates.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

hmmm well I guess I won't have to wait to get out of the mood to buy that 2004 or 2005 Sebring convertible, this will do it for me : ( Seems kinda backwards, everybody's loaded before xmas and we get rebates, and now that everybody is tapped out, when we need rebates as an incentive, we don't get them? Frenchy

Reply to
frenchy

It wouldn't hurt to go in and make a offer on one. Ya never know

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I think I'll just wait a while to see what cooks up in the rebates...Frenchy

Reply to
frenchy

There will likely be some again. They always seem to have them occasionally. Although, I doubt they will be as good as they have been recently.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I seem to recall reading that North American Chrysler sales were up 4% in

2004 over previous year. This is even better than it sounds since Ford and GM sales were down by about the same amount... As such, you may be more likely to see rebates from the other two makers first.
Reply to
Bob Shuman

Probably true. Chrysler never did go nearly as far with the rebates as GM did. Ford's rebates were between the level of GM and Chrysler. It's interesting that GM had the higher dollar rebates of anyone and wound up seeing the greatest decrease in sales. Even their large number of newly introduced "new and improved" vehicles seem to be just sitting on the lots.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Date : Wednesday - January 05, 2005 SANTA MONICA, Calif., Jan. 5 /PRNewswire/

Edmunds.com

reported today that the averagemanufacturer automotive incentive in the United States was $2,512 pervehicle sold in December 2004, up $57, or 2.3%, from December 2003,and up $117, or 4.9%, from November 2004. "As we close the books on 2004, we are confident that we have not seen the end of generous auto incentives," stated Dr. Jane Liu, Vice President of Data Analysis for Edmunds.com. "However, unlike the past's traditional cash and financing incentives, the future will likely show us more creative offers, like Volkswagen's new In The Car program that covers car insurance for the new owners' first year." Edmunds.com's monthly True Cost of Incentives(SM) (TCI(SM)) report takes into account all of the manufacturers' various United States incentives programs, including subvented interest rates and lease programs as well as cash rebates to consumers and dealers. To ensure the greatest possible accuracy, Edmunds.com bases its calculations on sales volume, including the mix of vehicle makes and models for each month, as well as on the proportion of vehicles for which each type of incentive was used.

Overall, combined incentives spending for domestic Chrysler, Ford and General Motors nameplates averaged $3,420 per vehicle sold in December, up $41 from November 2004. Chrysler lowered incentives spending for the third straight month, by $104 to $3,325 per vehicle sold in December, and lost 0.7% market share, falling to 13% of the U.S. market. Ford also decreased incentives spending for the third straight month, by $217 to an average of $2,924 per vehicle sold in December, while its market share fell by 0.5% to 17.4%. GM increased incentives spending in December by $269 to $3,789 and its market share increased 2.6% to 27.2%.

In December 2004, Korean automakers increased incentives spending by $26 to $1,853 per vehicle sold, European automakers increased incentives spending by $17 to $1,781 per vehicle sold and Japanese automakers increased incentives spending by $188 to $1,076 per vehicle sold. These are record highs for import automakers, according to Edmunds.com's research.

From November to December, Korean, European and Japanese manufacturers lost market share, going from 4.44% to 3.74%, from 7.53% to 7.33% and from 31.5% to 31.0%, respectively. Domestic manufacturers gained market share during that period, rising from 56.3% to 57.6%.

Comparing all brands in December, Mini and Porsche spent virtually nothing on incentives, while Scion spent only $134 per vehicle sold. At the other end of the spectrum, Lincoln was the biggest spender at $5,419 in December, followed by Cadillac at $4,690 and Pontiac at $4,465 per vehicle sold.

Among vehicle segments, in December, large SUVs continued to offer the highest average incentives, $4,179 per vehicle sold. Other segments with high incentives were large cars at $3,494 and large trucks at $2,990 per vehicle sold. Compact cars had the lowest average incentives at $1,391, followed by sports cars at $1,782 and luxury sports cars at $1,888 per vehicle sold.

Large SUVs have lost the most market share since December 2003, decreasing from 7.2% to 6.3%, while large cars have gained the most market share during that period, up from 4.6% to 5.9% of the new vehicle market.

See also:

and

MoPar Man

Somebody should tell Chrysler to take all the expired incentives off their own website too....Frenchy

Reply to
frenchy

vehicle

manufacturers

frenchy

Ahhh, looks like they put similar incentives back in a modified "zero-plus" form till Feb 28, goody!....Frenchy

Reply to
frenchy