Chrysler T&C Water Pump

My 2003 3.8L T&C has a water pump leak. I got underneath and it looks pretty straight forward. Is there anything to be concerned about? Any tricks you can share?

Reply to
jb

I recently replaced the water pump on my town and country 04. I removed the right front wheel and the liner between the wheel and the engine. I then removed the fan belt and loosened and removed the bolts the bolts on the pulley and water pump. At this point I found that there was not enough room between the body and the engine for the pump to come out. Checking with a Chrysler Mechinic he said to pry the engine toward the drivers side, taking special care to not pry on the timing cover. He said to keep the pry bar on a bolt. The clearance is the only problem that I had. Good Luck.

Everett

Reply to
everettcotton

Thanks I appreciate it.