Handbrake adjustment

How do you adjust the cable for the handbrake on a UK 1999 Voyager (prob 1997 USA spec)?

Reply to
Braz

HELP, it does not work and I need to fix it quick

Reply to
Braz

Symptons?

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez

If I pull the handbrake on full the car still rolls slightly

Reply to
Braz

The first thing to try is to find an empty space where you can safely drive in reverse and then hit the brakes. Many cars have self adjusting rear brakes that adjust when the car is being driven in reverse. Do this a few times and then see if the brake is working. If nothing changes, you need to take up the slack in the cable. How this is done will depend on your car. In some cars you can do this with an adjusting screw right at the parking brake handle. On others you have to get under the car and adjust it near the rear brakes.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez