Neon 2000, how is the deal?

Hi ;

I am a new driver in Canada, I am going to buy a car, the particular are:

Model: Chrysler Neon 2000 Price : CAD 4,500 Milage: 130, 000 Condition: Good

How is this deal, can anyone tell me the problem with this model and recommend other model. What is the max milage of this model.

Thanks.

Reply to
Essa

stay away from automatic 2000 models as it is a three speed. 2001 have three speed with elec overdrive. my opinion is go with a 01 as they seem to have gotten the kinks out of when they did 2nd gen styling changeover. try autotrader.ca

Reply to
u know who

What? AFAIK the 2000 and 2001 have the same transmission: 3 speed + lockup torque converter. In 2002 they went to the 4 speed transmission. Fuel mileage barely changed.

Don't know how many kinks there were, but 2000 worked out the kinks of the gen1 Neons. Either way I've been happy with my 2000 Neon. Minor issues here and there, but nothing like the problems I had with my '96.

As for the OP:

Have the car brought to a third party shop to have it examined for any potential problems.

The price seems about par for a Neon in that condition. If the car is well maintained, it should probably be able to see 300,000 km.

Reply to
Bill 2