Help? 94 Voyager 2.5 Stumble (hesitation)

Hello, My car 2.5 Plymouth Voyager with 3 speed automatic is giving me trouble. It will sumble, hesitate after leaving stop signs. More precisely, it will loose power right after ~2 seconds of entering the intersection ( halfway through). Now i got to add that i have a 3 week old rebuilt trainy. I have so far changed spark plugs, spark wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, replaced vacuum lines, accessory belts. Tried replacing the TPS and the MAP sensor, Hall effect sensor (the magnetic pickup) and coil. Got my base timing adjusted to 12 degrees. But the problem persists. at Idle when i pull the accelerator cable the engine will have a delayed rev. and when coming back to idle it will rock. I also took out the throttle body today and saw that the intake maifold was wet with fuel. the even was a puddle of gas in a cavity righ below the throttle body. Now the fuel pressure was chaked by the dealer and it is with in spec. Is there any help out there on this issue?

Reply to
seyit.ural

In all this I see no mention of a new TB injector. These wear out with time. In addition, the electrical contacts can get corroded.

Reply to
Dave Gower

ite--------------------------------------

Is ther ea way to diagnose the injector, They tend to be ~100 bucks, I would hate to waste that kind of money on top of what im out allready...

Reply to
Tur_Eagle

"Tur_Eagle" wrote

...> Is ther ea way to diagnose the injector,

Don't know of any, but the raw gas the OP saw in the throttle body kind of gives it away.

Reply to
Dave Gower

How about the regulator? do you think it might have been the cause? Or the computer just sending wrong signal maybe? is there a way ot exclude those possibilities?

Reply to
Tur_Eagle

"Tur_Eagle" wrote

Yes, in computer trouble codes. I assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that he had those checked.

Reply to
Dave Gower

There were no trouble codes. So you're fairly certain it is the Injector?

Reply to
Tur_Eagle

"Tur_Eagle" wrote

Uh, are you the original poster? It would be a lot less confusing if you didn't change aliases. But if this was my vehicle, I would have put a new injector in some time ago.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Thanks, I'll do that , Andsorry im the same guy. I was not sure if using my name is a safe thing to do. Ill keep you psted on how it turns out..

Reply to
Tur_Eagle

Unbelievable the O2 sensor was going nuts.. All this trouble for an oxygen sensor... Figured it out after disconnecting the O2 and driving to the parts store to get some gator clips to test the sensor. On the way there no problems of hesitation. Weird i said goit the gator clips hooked the DMM up and voila the O2 is going nutts (readings -0.1V to 0.04V). Now i wonder why the computer didn't pick up on that (no Check Engine Light came on)...O well, It drives good again... Thanks for the support..

Reply to
Tur_Eagle