Key stuck in igniton

I removed the seats in my 2004 sebring and when I put them back in my key is now stuck in the ignition, how do I remove it?

Reply to
darth

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
Take a small heavy object and tap the key in as you are turning it and it will turn, they make an appointment to see the dealer to have them replace and recode the lock cylinder.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
Dodge-Him

I can't see how the seats have any connection to the ignition switch, but have you turned the steering wheel to ensure that it isn't bound against the lock? Sometimes this will happen and will prevent you from turning the ignition to the position that will allow the key to be removed. Taking pressure off of the lock by turning the steering wheel one way or the other might help. If the ignition switch is in the position to allow key removal, then you'll likely need the help of a locksmith or good mechanic.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
If you somehow knocked the adjustment loose on the shifter interlock cable this would also cause the key to not return to the lock position, and the key will not turn back

Reply to
maxpower