Need help identifying a black box.

I stated that I would start a new thread about the 95 GC SE that I bought and here goes. While inspecting the speakers in the liftgate (passenger rear was dead, broken wire) I noticed a black box/module of some sort mounted near the bottom passenger corner (back passenger corner with the liftgate open) with a melted spot on it. The interior lights don't turn on when the liftgate is open and the rear washer/wiper is dead so I assume it has something to do with either of those 2 functions. Upon removing the PCB from said module I noticed that a transistor has had a very bad day and completely disintegrated taking a section of the PCB with it. The module has 6 connector pins and the numbers on it are as follows (a google search on them turned up nothing). Thanks

Front:

Chrysler pentastar logo 4661297 93596 A Made in Canada 1

Rear:

34 34
Reply to
Daniel Who Wants to Know

I Believe what you are referring to is the rear wiper motor module, list for

70$ at the dealer. Has nothing to do with the lifgate lites. The ground tag on the rear latch is more then likely rotted off causing the lites not to work. if this vehicle hasn't had the latch replaced under the latch recall you get the new switch on the latch. give me the last 8 of the vin# and I can check this out for you.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

...it turns out that the severe hesitation and erratic acceleration was due to a shorting out of a spark plug. $40.00 repair and he is back on the road. I dodged a bullet this time!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Putney" Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.Chrysler Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 8:34 AM Subject: Re: 2001 Chrysler Sebring

"Daniel Who Wants to Know" wrote in message news:lUbrj.22216$9j6.8688@attbi_s22...

Reply to
Even Stephen

You left my post in there out of context after your snipping of that other thread. For the record, that response of mine was to a different subject that you introduced later in that same thread (where you said: "I've seen internet posts that say the Sebring transmission is prone to an electrical problem and some transmission control problems."). I was not addressing what your original post in that thread was about. That was a response to that quoted comment.

Even Stephen wrote:

Reply to
Bill Putney

70$ at the dealer. Has nothing to do with the lifgate lites. The ground tag on the rear latch is more then likely rotted off causing the lites not to work. if this vehicle hasn't had the latch replaced under the latch recall you get the new switch on the latch. give me the last 8 of the vin# and I can check this out for you.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

"maxpower" wrote in message news:hKadnZDujbS6CzDanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

I already know that the latch recall isn't done as I checked it already on the Chrysler website and it was listed as "Incomplete" but the last 8 are SX625902. Thanks for the info on the module. So far other than this small issue the van is running great and got 22-24 MPG per the mini trip computer on an 86 mile round trip with the cruise set for 54 MPH and a 2-3° degree Fahrenheit outside temp. So far I have changed the engine oil and filter (Mobil 1 5W30 non-EP oil and Wix 51773 filter), spark plugs, wires, and coil pack as the previous owner let the rear 3 plugs get so bad that the firing voltage climbed higher than the coil could handle and it arced over internally. I have also ordered a Denso O2 sensor off of Ebay as the current one is a Bosch and was unplugged when I got the van because the connector on it broke. So far I have managed to get the current one plugged back in which cleared the 32 and 21 trouble codes and the resulting CEL/MIL for the 86 mile trip but the light came back on today with the same 2 codes during a trip to the grocery store. I also need to replace the radiator before summer as it does have a small hole in it and I think they tried stop leak at one point as the front heat barely blows luke warm while the rear heat works normally which tells me the heater core is partially plugged. I don't think the coolant level is too low as the temp gage rises normally during warm-up and stays rock solid at mid scale after that.

Reply to
Daniel Who Wants to Know

I dont need the number if you already checked on the website

Reply to
maxpower