Need Help identifying Carb.

My 1965 daytona has the 283 engine. Can somebody help me identify the type carberator. All I can find on the carb is :

GM 2 Jet Rochester

Anybody know the number or where I can find it?

Thanks

Reply to
Paul Brewington

The original carb would be a Rochester 2GV. Attached to one of the screws on the top cover there was a triangular aluminum tag with the specific carb number. Std trans and auto trans cars used different carb numbers, but any real differences are very minor.

Reply to
Dwain G.

If the tag is not there dont sweat it. Their is a number cast into the body that can be used to identify it. Odly enough it is called the casting number.

If you need a kit just take the whole thing into a good auto parts store meaning not shucks,kragen checker ect. and they will be able to look it up by the casting number.

Reply to
Studebaker Kid