need help identifying cable

After replacing the engine in my 92 Cabriolet, I have a wire/cable that doesn't have a home. One end of it looks like it goes into the passenger compartment of the car, through the firewall, behind the coolant reservoir. the other end just hangs there. The outside of the wire/cable is black. At the end, a silver "rod" protrudes out with a bend or hook shape at the end. Can anyone help me identify what this is and where it may go?

Reply to
Eric

Do you have a Bentley manual? It may contain the info you need.

Reply to
Papa

I figured out that the cable is moved by the air temp. lever inside of the car. Where does it conect to?

Reply to
Eric

I don't know how the Caborlets figure into this but Rabbits (7x-84) had a valve on the heater hoses to regulate the temperature with a cable like your describing. On the Golfs and jettas's (85 to92) hot water circulated through the heater core all the time with no valve and a "blend" door was used to regulate the heat. Since your car is mostly a rabbit then maybe you should have a valve in the hoses under the hood.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo