Plz help my 94 Lebaron is overheating

I need some advice. My 94 lebaron convertible (3.0 V-6) was losing water I changed the water pump (complete both front and back from Mopar) and replaced the water tube in the V of the block. When i did this Zi found a previous owner had taken out the thermostat...i replaced it as well. The car runs very nice and on temp most of the time except when the ac is running. Im thinking the electric fan isnt pulling enough air...I have plenty of water and coolant.

All suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

Al

Reply to
Al Ross

I assume this stopped the water leak?

When you had the coolant drained did you throughly flush the system including the radiator? There are of course, power flushers, but a garden hose running full can backflush a cooling system and radiator if you flush them separately.

One thing that happens with slow coolant leakers and lazy owners (like the prior owner) is instead of putting in a 50-50 mix of antifreeze and water when the coolant level is low, they just keep topping off with plain water. After a while there isn't enough antifreeze left in the system to carry enough of the rust preventatives, and the system starts to rust internally, and all the rust flakes off and settles in the low spots in the system and it starts getting plugged up.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Check to make sure that the electric radiator/condenser fan comes on *each and every time* the A/C compressor cycles on. If not, find and fix the circuitry problem.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern