Power Windows Problem on 2000 Dodge Caravan

I'm having intermitient problems with the passenger door power windows on my 2000 Doge Caravan. Sometimes the window will not go up or down. Hitting the middle of the door panel causes the window to function properly (jars the motor and/or the tracking mechanism)

I've removed the door panel and confirmed that the electrical is fine, i.e. power is being applied to the motor.

So I assume that the problem is the motor or the tracking mechanism. I removed the circular cover for the cable housing and it looks like a white grease is the lubricant for the outside of the cable housing. So it looked fine. I applied a lubricant to the window tracks and re-assembled. The problem still exists, so I'm quessing that the motor is going bad, so correct? Anything else to check?

any help would be appreciated, I hate to take it to a dealer, since it'll cost a fortune to fix...

mark

Reply to
mkyprianou

mic canic

Not quite sure what you mean by regulator assembly. Do you mean the relays by the fuses? If so, which one is for power windows?

thanx

Reply to
mkyprianou

Chrysler has been having issues with the motors and cables on the window regulators, they now sell them as complete units, by the motor, get the regulator with it, Thats what a regualtor assembly is.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

The "regulator" is the mechanism that lifts and lowers the window.

Reply to
cavedweller

Reply to
Len G

Get this one. In January 2000 I bought a Grand Caravan and every so often from new the window would get stuck down, but if you waited a while you could then raise it (electric). I've been caught in the rain not being able to raise it. It didn't matter what position it was in. I never got around to taking it in for warranty work and then about 3 months after being new it quit happening and has always worked perfectly since. I had forgotten about that until now. Don't know what caused that or why it started working, odd. Anyone know what that might have been..... Gremlins??

Gary

Reply to
gary