air con...

is it supposed to smell ?
with climate control on it's fine, the air blows cold (even on a hot day) until the ambient temperature is reached, but if I turn the air-con
on it blows really cold (as it should) but smells weird... so much so the mrs won't have it on.
this is in a citroen C8
just want some input before I go to the local dealer and make myself look like a div'
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Message i.d.:< inspired me,

No
Not sure but usually there is an air filter installed. I guess it has become dirty.
--
Johan; Certifiable me; Reply to Hotm ail

IHUMFA
‚úĖ

A tip is to switch off the airco the last 10 miles. This will dry out the condensate drippan. This will prevent growth of fungi that might cause the smell. Putting the setpoint at a reasonable value might also help as it prevents excessive condensate formation once the temperature is reached.
Your service station should have desinfectant spray for this, part of summer airco treatment package.
Theo
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
apparently dilute TCP kills the bugs - spray it into the intakes with plant sprayer ...
and heater on full for 15m should dry it all out ...
bonne chance
Dr D

Add pictures here
‚úĖ