Clocking

Can anyone give me some advice on how to turn back the digital mileometer on Citroens.
-- Steve B

Steve ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmil.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Subtle. Definitely subtle.
Olivier a judicieusement crit ce jour :
dream! Poor guy
Liers out this...
This is totally illegal! and no respect for the future buyer!
--
Les cons, a ose tout, c'est a qu'on les reconnait.... Audiard, "Les
Tontons flingueurs"

It is _not_ illegal to change the mileage readout on your odometer. It's illegal to misrepresent the mileage when you sell the car, but the act of mileage adjustment is perfectly legal. Just as well really, given the huge number of overeading peugeot 307 odometers.
Albert T Cone ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

How often is it done legitimately, though, compared to the number of times it's done on the sly?

selling it as having the modified mileage which is wrong, rather than the actual clocking.

Buy a Tardis?
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

But how do you turn back the milometer on a Tardis? Once they've gone past 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000k, no-one wants them........
Nick

Use a sonic screwdriver of course :))
--
-- Whiskers

Of course :)
http://freespace.virgin.net/neil.perryman/deadringers/diesel.zip http://homepage.dtn.ntl.com/neil.perryman/zips/kwik.zip

Put in reverse and go, it takes a while to do a mile but hey ho

Even that doesn't work with most digital milometers, they are 'clever' enough to know that they shouldn't be going backwards.
Nick
Put the car up on jacks, put it in top gear, throw a brick on the gas pedal, go on holiday. When it gets to a million miles it re-zeros, then you can put on the mileage that 'suits you sir'. No one will ever know.
wrote: > > > Can anyone give me some advice on how to turn back the digital mileometer > > on Citroens. > > Buy a Tardis? > > -- > -- ^^^^^^^^^^ > -- Whiskers > -- ~~~~~~~~~~ >