Saxo any good?

I persuaded a colleague not to buy a Volkswagon, my next mission was to trash the Volvo he had in mind. Now he picks up a '95 Saxo next Thursday. Paid and all. I guess he got it from a dealer so he'll probably will get some additional service and guarantee. Any hints I can relay?

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

?idArticle=2013

Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Great! I'll let him know.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"Oi, mate - you've bought a Chav's car"

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Must be a good thing.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Mmmm.

Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

O.k. So there's a bad Chav. There must be a good Chav and an ugly one to make the list complete. One thing in common. They are British. And from the looks of it, they look just like you and me a long time ago, but don't tell my children and grandchildren. I want to keep up appearances

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Umm, no, that's the definition of a Chav...

The Paxo is the *ultimate* Chavmobile...

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Ok. I give up. What Is the definition of a Chav?

didn't help much.

When are you Brittish going to learn English for once?

Reply to
2Rowdy

personally i think the saxo is a good buy not quite as refined as a 106 but still a good buy with lots of potential if you need to jazz it up a little

Reply to
mindwipe
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

"bad". I s'pose "ugly" could also come into it. The only good chav is a dead chav, though.

Worried you might be one?
Or, for a more authoritative definition :-

Sorry, we've been talking to the 'merkins too much.

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

I looked for Chavvy. Big difference.

Hmm you're neither Chav nor non-Chav, a strange mix. You've got to decide which way you're gonna go - either you're forever wonder the land in your very own Chav purgatory.

That helped.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Message i.d.:, by author 2Rowdy aka inspired me,

Americans!

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But it covers so much more...

(I quite like the Aussie term of "Septics" for our trans-atlantic friends. Rhyming slang.)

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

Like it. Pitty we are not that creative with our language.

Reply to
2Rowdy