Saxo - Water Leakage

Greetings from Norfolk.

Can anybody please help - my wife's Saxo has recently (last couple of months) started leaking rain water onto the area of the driver's ankles - i.e. a little behind the pedals, about where the trtim changes from downward to horizontal. This only seems to happen when the rain is heavy, and the car parked.

I have tried to cleamn out all the obvious water ways in front and below the windscreen on the driver's side, and have removed some debris, but it has not cured the problem.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

-- Richard.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated" Poul Anderson

Reply to
Richard Wrigley

The message from "Richard Wrigley" contains these words:

Does it have a sunroof? You'd be amazed how far water from a sunroof can travel before it find your feet.

Reply to
Guy King

Indeed, or a blocked heater plenum chamber drain, or a leaking windscreen seal/bonding...

Reply to
:Jerry:

My first bet would be the windscreen seal, My Peugeot partner van (berlingo with a different badge) would fill the drivers foot well with water but only if it rained at a certain intensity, It turned out that the windscreen seal (glue) had missed an edge of the screen when it was fitted or replaced. I rang up a windscreen company who charged me £50 to re-fit the screen, all has been fine since.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Can you tell me where the heater plenium chamber drain is located please - then I can check.

Richard.

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated" Poul Anderson

Reply to
Richard Wrigley

Not off hand! I can't remember off the top of my head all the cars I've worked on, but it will either be in the engine bay at the back or to the sides (quite possibly under the wheel arches and covered by any dirt guards), you will know if the drain is blocked as the water will be entering via the lower heater outlets. My first port of call though would be to get someone to play a hose pipe over the windscreen whilst you check to see if you can see any water dripping from behind the dash - obviously have the doors closed.

Reply to
:Jerry:

Hi, my saxo (2000 Y) has just started leakin

due to heavy rain into the drivers footwell and its pretty deep, an well not sure whats going on, the passenger side is bone dry doe anyone know if its the sunroof any help would be great

cheer

Reply to
email2suikoden

The message from snipped-for-privacy@fmg-uk-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (email2suikoden) contains these words:

We had dreadful trouble with the wife's Clio - it was the sunroof, but not the seal to the glass but the seal to the bodywork. I had to take the whole thing out to do it properly. The original seal was pathetic - just a thin bit of closed-cell foam.

Reply to
Guy King

My '98 does the same. I get in the habit of parking it facing with the right hand side downhill (i.e. into oncoming traffic) and the water doesn't get in.

Reply to
Toby Newman