1958 3100 Apache Rear End Swap

Any advice on what works for a street rear end swap on a 1958 Apache SB with 327 and 700R4 Transmission? Is there any GM make that will fit without having to do modifications to the rear end itself? Welding required to make
it fit (ie have to move leaf spring pads)?
I believe that mid 70's camaro, firebird or nova will work. But the best thing to do is measure up your rear "end to end" and "perch to perch" then go to the junk yard and ask.

1958 Apache SB with

fit without

required to make

Hi. I took a 75 olds(same as chevy) rear end and ground off all the bs then put the leaf spring pads in corect position. Drove it for 4 years and had no trouble. Stock rearend 16mpg and went on about 75 trips to car shows. Of couse I had to put on the brake cyl and new lines but was a cheap thing to do. Hope this helps.---Dave---