New to group, and need help...

Page 2 of 2
A lot of keeping older all-mechanical vehicles going is knowing basic machinery and hardware. A lot of keeping them going cost-effectively is knowing what to fix and what to chuck. I wouldn't have a points
distributor stuck up my butt, I'd convert to electronic ignition. Same with road draft tubes-put in a PCV system.
Roll pins are sold long and you cut them down. A Dremel tool with a cutoff disk works well.
I finally changed over to elec ignition last year in my '70 Blazer (with about 225,000 showing and which I've owned since '78 with about '90,000). But they'll NEVER get my 4 bbl Q Jet!! (unless they pry it out of my cold dead hands.) LD

I hear ya guy, screw thr fuel injection!!
That should be a "roll pin" and a "good" Ace hardware should have one. They're cheap so you can buy a couple if needed. Check the hole in your lever by inserting a drill bit that just fits, then check the size at the hardware store. The hole in the housing usually gets enlarged. LD