Re: 1964 difference between a 230 and 292 6cyl

I think the 292 dist. cap should have two screws holding it on. The 292 I believe has a 2 spout water pump. The 230 I believe has a 'snap' on dist cap.
hope this helps.
maxima owner of a 1987 Nissan Maxima and a 1966 Chevy Fleetside with deluxe trim.
"rbsmith" wrote:

Water pumps are based on application more than engine. The only real difference between the 230 and 292 is a taller block with a longer stroke.
http://www.stovebolt.com
http://www.chevytalk.com
http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com - 60-66 message board
wrote:

-Woogeroo
Woogeroo's Simple Smoking Page:
http://woogeroo.home.mindspring.com/wsp /
smokin' along with an old style Big Green Egg...