Master cylinder problems

Hi Folks,

A friend gave me a lift in his Morris Oxford series MO a couple of days ago. Lovely solid thing, but got a bit more interesting when the foot brakes failed completely. A bit of checking when we got - cautiously - to our destination showed a fountain of fluid coming up the reservoir of the Lockheed master cylinder as the pedal was pressed. A bit of fiddling and the problem went away, and a good flush to the furthest away wheel cylinders brought out a lot of crud. I think the problem was probably just a flake of rust blocking one of the master cylinder valves, but it seems like a good idea to overhaul it anyway.

So, to cut to the chase, who would people recommend as a supplier for Lockheed seals? My natural inclination was to try Past Parts, but their website is dead and not-findable, so it looks as if they may have gone out of business.

Ian

PS If anyone has a spare MO master cylinder or set of seals, let negotiations commence!

Reply to
Ian Johnston

is alwaysworth a try.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

[snip]

claim to be in exactly that line of business. My only contact with them was when they told me my Bedford CF2 was "too new" for them to help, but at least they responded promptly.

Peter

--

Peter Amey

: Ian Johnston wrote: : > Hi Folks, : [snip] : > : > So, to cut to the chase, who would people recommend as a supplier for : > Lockheed seals? My natural inclination was to try Past Parts, but : > their website is dead and not-findable, so it looks as if they may : > have gone out of business. : > : :

claim to be in exactly that : line of business. My only contact with them was when they told me my : Bedford CF2 was "too new" for them to help, but at least they responded : promptly.

Thanks. In the interim, I had found Classic Brakes

who responded to my email with a firndly and helpful phone call at 9am this (Saturday) morning and got my business. But the other leads are useful, so I'll do some bookmarking!

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

If you're really having trouble, try these guys

Who make all the recon kits for brakes anyway, but you'll have some fun searching out part number conversions, etc etc

Alex

Reply to
Alex