Re: Morris Oxford 'Mo'

Yes - but which bit of the car?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

> Thought bitsas like this ended up on 'Q' plates?

>> >Not any more, the DVLA changed the law a while back, now you are re-issued >plates that were originally issued the year the car was registered.

Umm.. no, not quite...

If the vehicle is a complete home build, then there is no actual date of production. In that case, it will get a Q plate and a special chassis number issued.

Most kit cars you will find are built around a donor car - usually this will be a 2CV chassis, Ford Sierra/Cortina, VW Beetle chassis, etc. Providing that the kit keeps a few other original parts, the cars original registration number is issued.

Snag is the car cannot have the paltes changed again - ever.

Don't know why you think this... are you thinking of "non-transferrable" numbers? With these you cannot transfer the plate, but you can transfer another "over the top" of it.

Q-plates are static, you HAVE to display this number no matter what. I think the laws on this are going to change though, so you might be able to use other Q plates transferred...

Reply to
Howard Rose