'71 clutch shake.. help!

I have a '71 Stingray with LS-5 (454) motor and M-21 transmission. When driving around, the clutch pedal vibrates. Also, when the clutch is pushed
in, no shake. At friction point there's vibration. When I have the tranny rebuilt, the shop said it was probably just fingerprint on the flywheel or something and that it'll go away. It hasnt gone away.... any ideas? It doesnt seem like excessive vibration from the motor while idling....
Thanks!
js wrote:

Did the shop replace or inspect the clutch when they rebuilt the tranny? Did the problem start immediately after they worked on it? Or before they worked on it?
It sounds like the clutch may be wearing out, or they managed to soak the clutch plate with tranny lube or used too much lube on the pilot bearing when they were removing/replacing the tranny (which got forced out onto the pressure plate), or the pilot bearing was damaged in the R&R process.
WayneC wrote:

Or, if the bellhousing is not original to the engine, it needs to be dialed in.
nate
--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel