BP Oil

"In 2001, Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi, a Libyan, was convicted of involvement in the bombing and sentenced to life imprisonment. On 20 August 2009, the Scottish Government released him on compassionate grounds to return to Libya as he was suffering from terminal prostate cancer and had a life expectancy of less than 3 months."

So it would seem the Lockerbie bomber was released to seal a deal with the UK representing BP to access Libyan oil. $23 Billion Dollars worth. A slap in the face to America and all the victims families. Boycott BP anyone ? I got no problems taking it out on BP.

kickstart

Reply to
kickstart

Most of the money in BP is actually US funded. So why f*ck up the US govt to get at the UK govt???

Reply to
Non-Jew and Proud of it

too late

Reply to
kickstart

Yeah verily,

Sorry but I won't join in against BP. After they bought up ARCO and drove two independents out of business they've got a near monopoly around here. I'd have to drive to the other side of town to tank up at Shell (Dutch outfit).

Pretty logo but these guys know the ropes when it comes to predatory pricing. Just noticed that BP just brought in a new well in the Gulf of Mexico.

Oil from our offshore waters, good tax break since they are a foreign company "investing" in development of our country's natural resources. Profits to the country of the "mother tongue."

Ain't this just great?

Reply to
pj

To late, Quik Trip paid the BP franchise holders around here to go out of business!

Reply to
Bob I

It may be years before they recoup any of their (speculative) investment, and it was a high-risk proposition to begin with. It'll take at least $70-75/ bbl. for them to make anything. Wanna screw 'em? Everybody dump the SUVs and drive a Prius. That'll kill demand and they'll eat a few billion.

AJM

Reply to
CardsFan