Bumper Removal

Folks,

My friend just discovered that he accidentally damaged the front bumper on his '74 sometime during the winter. Looks like he might have run into it with his snow plow.

Does anyone out there have a copy of an article with instructions on how to remove the bumper?

Reply to
Silver Surfer

I ended up having to buy a Chiltons manual when I brought my 76 home the bumpers were in side the car I searched everywhere looking for some instructions on how to put them on but here is a Document on repairing rubber bumpers

good luck

Reply to
Jamie

Check out,

I have his C-4 manuals, they are the most detailed that I have found.

Good luck, Marty

Reply to
Marty

==================== He should invest 10 bucks or so and buy an assembly Manuel....no it does not have instructions BUT it does have diagrams showing how everything in the car is put together...

I do not know how anyone car own an older car without also owning the assembly Manuel... since they are pretty darn cheap...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

I have both the assembly manual and the shop/service manual for my '74. I have found the service manual to be more useful in most cases. Mostly that is because the assembly manual is a low quality printing (photocopy, from the looks of it) of the original and it is not indexed or TOCed very well, making it hard to find the section you're looking for among the hundreds of pages. YMMV, of course - perhaps a more experiences mechanic than I would find the assembly manual more useful.

Hope this helps, Eric

Reply to
Eric Rizzo