C4 Digital Dash

I have an 86 digital dash that went black. When I disconnect the wiring harness for about ten seconds then reconnect it and turn the key on everything works fine for about 15 seconds then goes black again.Just
wondering if its worth trying to change the power supply inside the unit for $75.00 or replacing unit for $300.00.

http://www.batee.com/corvette /
g'luck
--
"Key"