congratulations and hello to aac

To the group:
Hi and congratulations. Not so much for the knowledgeable membership: lotsa folks have experience with the Corvette. Not really for the humor,
although that's important too. What I'm giving you all a pat on the back for is the tone or attitude I find here.
It's mature. For an older person, that's refreshing and rare on usenet. I checked out a few forum-type sites, and for me, the fixation on nitrous, lowered suspensions and the "politically correct" carwash product just wears thin after awhile.
It's friendly. Even when somebody starts to get overheated by a perceived insult, it's quickly defused by the laid-back banter of the regulars.
And as a bonus, you talk more about Vettes than you do about politics. I love that.
--
Angelo

Nice compliment. I happen to agree with it, as well. This is one place I don't cringe all the time, and the advice is pretty much top drawer. No one pretends to know it all (even the ones that actually do know at least a bunch :) I think the age of the group members is a bit beyond teenage, clear up to Dad who I believe said he fought in the Spanish War. Wasn't that it, Dad?

Them there's fright'n words, where did I put my Springfield. I never fought in any war but may have started a few.
Welcome to the group,
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
BDragon wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Used to own a (99) Camaro SS (6-speed), before getting the C5. I don't miss some of the F-Body NG posters (No, I did NOT specifically mean Sgt. Rock). I might just buy another Camaro SS - if they start making them again - but I won't go back to the F-Body NG. This (AAC NG) is a place where being mechanically ignorant & inept, does not stop me from posting (and getting a fair response).
Hi Angelo, Welcome to the forum. The members are genuinely nice. You wouldn't believe the amount of money I have saved just by reading the advice posted here. Not only that, I actually got the courage to lie under my car myself and work on it by gleaning confidence from the posts of others here. A very mature and corvette loving lot.
regards E_Tar ('77 Corvette)

Thanks. And thank you to everybody who sent a howdy over the last couple of days. i think I'll like it here.
Because of some financial setbacks, "Wendy" is parked in someone else's garage for now, but I have hopes of getting her back eventually.
To show where my taste in America's Only Sports Carˇ is at, here's what I'd own if I had Big Bux: •1995 ZR-1 •1996 LT-4 •a C-1 with C-4 suspension, brakes and maybe C-5 powertrain ("Car Creations" conversion) •an R9G, an L-88 and a (1970) LT-1 •a C6R
...and Wendy (a 93 roadster)
--
Angelo

Greetings Angelo.