Meguiars spray on wax ??

Page 3 of 4  


I am very well informed about dish soap, in fact I even went to the bother of calling the company that makes Dawn to get thier opinion.
If you want to damage your car, go right ahead, geeze.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Sure you did. Put the number you called and the person you talked to on here and I'll be able to call and have the same enlightened information you do.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I don't recall who I talked to. But the number I called was 1-800-725-3296
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060005060403040205020101 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Andy wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Easy number to find, what did he/she/recording say? The next person/recording may say something very different, so share your wealth of knowledge gleaned from the call.
Their reply to me was that it hadn't been tested for that so they don't recommend it, understandable and a safe answer. They do make a soap that can be used under the Mr. Clean label. Again the makeup of the 2 can't be compared as easily as the results can. Dawn is fine.
What did you say your Corvette was? Just a question you should be able to answer with some fact and no hearsay.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------070009040805040201040407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Dad wrote:

And that soap is completely different than Dawn. It has a sheeting agent in it. And actually leaves a narly film on your car. I use the Mr. Clean thingie just for the Deionizing filter in it. Not with the crappy soap.

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

that is where you got your "facts" ? as you said, "geeze" :-)
I really think ya need to change the subject. you're not getting very far with this one :-)
--
"Key"
=====



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Have you even been reading this tread..geeze
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Nope, doing it just like you do.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload


gee, Thanks Dad :-)
--
"Key"
=====



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload


uh? yea I have and this subject is getting nowhere. you believe in your opinion of the subject and others believe in theirs. nuff said...
happy holidays to you & yours
--
"Key"
=====



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

"too cheap" ? now that's funny :-)
again, nothing bad intended
--
"Key"
=====



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Andy, I may agree more than less on your method of washing a car but resorting to cheap shots calling someone "cheap" because they don't agree with you is immature. You can do better than that.
And to be honest, I do NOT know Dad but my first impression is that he is not doing this because he's cheap. I think he really believes in what he says. Even if I don't totally agree with Dad (or you for that matter), nothing wrong in doing what you believe in especially if it works for you, right?
Maybe just agree to disagree and remain newsgroup friends and move on to the next topic????
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 06:27:08 -0600, No Vette Yet wrote:

I think from his postings that he doen't feel the need to buy a car wash product because he thinks Dawn is the same thing. Which of course it's not. So he'd rather save a few pennies.
It would be interesting to see the photographs of the car washed for years with Dawn that was as good as new.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090706090506040806040403 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Andy wrote:

Using Dawn won't make a finish look any worse than using "car wash soap". I guess there could be "some" validity to it taking off "some" wax. But so will drying a car.
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Depends how you dry your car
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You don't have to "dry" your car if you sheet the water off and use a blower, then just dab up the seam trickles. You guy's are making far to much work out of this. By the way I have one stall in my garage to do just wash and paint jobs.
Other than with pure cotton diapers I never touch the finish on my cars after they're washed.
Yeah Ric, I try to wash them out first or at least shake out any large deposits.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I agree, most times I sheet wash the car, the water slides off like big pools of mercury :-) that's after I hit it with a high pressure water nozzle to remove the dust and the occasional bird dropping.
I wax the car once a month with the spray on wash liquid that you need to work up to a lather with using a sponge and it leaves a good shine on the car after I sheet dry it... Sometimes to dry I use that super absorbent rubbery chamois cloth (forget its name) It (the cloth) gets hard as a board when it's dry...
what blower do you use ? leaf blower ? or blow dryer ? ??
regards Ash www.eslurf.com/corvette

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040105000104040507020400 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Dad wrote:

your bum, then to the garage!!! :-)

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
eh ? what you said ? (lol)
RicSeyler wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.