Replace starter or just solenoid

I have a 96 LT1 that has a solenoid that's going out. Wondering if it is best to replace the whole starter or just the solenoid??? Does anybody
have experience replacing one or the other? Wondering how difficult it would be to do.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
How many miles on it? If you are around 100k or so I go ahead and do both at the same time.
RP wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler