This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050304060608060903060201 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
hmmmmmm wrote:

Ahhh just as God intended!!!! LOL
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

Carlin.......http://www.rense.com/general69/obj.htmor for those that can't read...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uBAPbOWLxc

That is SO fukin' funny.....................and so true!
'That is SO fukin' funny.....................and so true!'
REPLY: This is far better material than what George Carlin offers :
In order to reject the personal obvious Creator , the Atheist must resort to incredulous silly faith for his practiced religion ; here are a few non sensicle things that atheists must hold to due to their pride, rebellion, and arrogance of not wanting to live for the Creator :
1. Tries to pretend that very personal innate qualities of a human being such as abstract thoughts, moral oughtness, ethical systems, compassion, empathy, et al ... came from NON personal material such as Hydrogen Gas , planets, dirt, etc... This is akin to the Pet Rock idea of the 1960's having 'personality' . 2. Tries to pretend that the vast array of specified complexity such as Human DNA can come about from the atmosphere when even its co-founder, atheist Dr. Francis Crick , boldly declared that : " it is IMPOSSIBLE for DNA to have arrived by accident from the atmosphere".
3. Tries to pretend that the scientifically confirmed 133 (so far discovered) constant parameters of our Solar System which are all needed simultaneously / working collaborately with one another , so earth can be here so we can live on it....came about thru 'natural , accidental ,non intelligence' purely by chance for no good reason. 4. Tries to pretend that there are no absolute moral laws which he should live by ... even though he expects and demands others treat himself with absolute morality ( all the time) .
Now..THAT is so funny and true, isnt it ?!!!

I'm a new Vette owner and don't want to butt in especially off topic but there's a great book out there called "Tornado in a Junkyard" by James Perloff that intellectually and logically refutes all the arguments of the Darwinist atheists. Ever heard of entropy (second law of thermodynamics)? Hint : entropy is the tendency for matter to become disordered over time, Nature requires the INPUT of energy to maintain an ordered state. I guess if you read the book in your Vette it wouldn't be off topic...hehe
Thanks for all the great info I've gotten here (not counting the trolls) I LOVE MY CE!
Butcher '96 LT-4 Collector Edition

Typical reply and as usual incorrect, the Pet Rock fad was in 1975 only. Where do you get your information off the bathroom walls at the courthouse? "Pet Rocks were a 1970s fad conceived in Los Gatos, California by an advertising executive Gary Dahl. The first Pet Rocks were ordinary gray pebbles bought at a builder's supply store and marketed as if they were live pets. The fad lasted only about six months, ending with the Christmas season in December 1975; but in its short run, the Pet Rock made Dahl a millionaire."
I never compared you personally to a Pet Rock either, would never insult a rock like that.
'I'm a new Vette owner and don't want to butt in especially off topic but there's a great book out there called "Tornado in a Junkyard" by James Perloff that intellectually and logically refutes all the arguments of the Darwinist atheists.'
REPLY: Glad you became a member of the worldwide Corvette Club Butcher This book you speak of sounds like a British Astronomers quotation regarding Abiogenesis (life from non-life fallacy) , as follows :
' The chance that life arose from non life is equal to the chance that a Tornadoe ripping thru a junkyard could assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein' .

yes it builds on the fact that through time things tend to become less organized rather than more, but it goes into many other aspects of chance/time vs. intelligent design, also does a great job of refuting theories that the world is very old and changes slowly. You will think twice about fossil evidence and rock strata vs. age too, as well as certain 'common sense' problems with rate of sedimentation, celestial movements and probability theory. It's a fairly fast read, easy to understand with lots of pictures I think very well done. I don't have my copy now as I lend it out quite often so I really can't give exact examples, but a few things come to mind -- the odds of the DNA structure coming together is like 1X10(400th), anything over 10(150) is considered impossible; the eye -- how can separate parts 'evolve' that have no function except when combined with many others; and how archaeologists date fossils by what layer they are in, but date the layers by what they find in them (huh?).
Oh, to stay 'on topic' I was in stop and go traffic today here in the Texas heat and the water temp got up to 225F, never had a car that ran that hot, too hot? When the traffic started moving temp would come down to around 200F. I've made sure the radiator is free of debris and the electric fans are working (they sound like they don't run very quickly though), does the C4 just run warm like that? Would an aftermarket electric fan pull more air maybe? How about an electric water pump? Seems a bit of overkill there unless one races the car...
Any help would be appreciated, thanks, I'm very much enjoying the group!
Butcher Austin, TX '96 LT-4 CE

I got much more out of Breaking the Spell by Daniel C. Dennett or his Darwin's Dangerous Idea. His books make you think, that may be painful to some.

thermostat to get it lower without tweaking the computer to turn on the fans sooner.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Thanks Dad for the advice on the books haven't heard of that writer will check them out.
I know the LT-4 has a 180F 'stat figured a 160F wouldn't really help and maybe even hurt in the winter if the car thinks it's too cool all the time but that idea of turning on the fans at a lower temp might, however as soon as I start moving in traffic the temps come down so I thought airflow might be the only real problem. I'd give up a few hp to have that big engine-driven fan sucking air through the rad. those electric ones seem not to move a whole lot of air.
Oh one quick question I got a 'check engine' code today -- "bank 1 cat efficiency low", last week I just replaced the #2 O2 sensor on that side (sensor heater code) maybe I should also replace the #1 first? Don't want to replace the cat if it's just an old sensor getting a little out of range compared to the new #2. Seems like maybe the left tailpipe has a little more carbon in it than the right, maybe a leaky injector?
Great day to all!
Butcher '96 LT-4 CE

At least one flavor of Christianity doesn't find evolution or a very old universe distasteful, and in fact has kind words for scientists and researchers:
http://www.catholic.com/library/Adam_Eve_and_Evolution.asp
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
"What a man had rather were true he more readily believes..."
Francis Bacon
'At least one flavor of Christianity doesn't find evolution or a very old universe distasteful, and in fact has kind words for scientists and researchers: http://www.catholic.com/library/Adam_Eve_and_Evolution.asp AJM
REPLY: Im afraid that this particular 'Flavor' is well known for denying the authority of The Bible, adding all sorts of madeup traditions thruout the centuries, and lately boldly claiming that ONLY their Church holds the keys to eternal salvation and you have to belong to it. Further, Theistic Evolution isnt the way which The Creator chose to create and is wrought with many problems , particularly Gods character :
Biblical problems for theistic evolution and progressive creation Address:http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v17/i2/creation.asp
Dave in Lake Villa wrote:

The Bible was written by HUMANS from stories passed down from other HUMANS. Once HUMANS get involved, personal agendas, distortions and the want to control others for their own purposes come into play.
I think of the Bible as a general Guide Book, to give people analogies and examples, and in no way to be taken literally. Much less cherry picked through and parts ignored by many of those who consider themselves "Religious". Like this bunch of JesusLander/NeoCONS we have in Washington now. They are the most Un-Jesuslike group that thump their Bibles when it serves them to do so, and ignore and disobey other parts at will.
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
'I think of the Bible as a general Guide Book, to give people analogies and examples, and in no way to be taken literally.'
REPLY: Rick, Jesus Christ took it literally . He said the Bible was the Word of the living God and that mankind would be judged by it. A short study in Hermanuetics (Biblical Interpretation) allows the reader to determine if whats being said is literal, figurative, allegorical, etc. I think of the BIble as Gods revelation to mankind and as a history, science, and psychology book....its incredible how it cuts to the marrow concerning the heart, thoughts, actions, motives of man.
'we have in Washington now. They are the most Un-Jesuslike group that thump their Bibles when it serves them to do so, and ignore and disobey other parts at will.'
REPLY: The BIble also teaches how to discern the real from the counterfiet and warns of those who will put on a charade in order to decieve many. However, this doesnt discount the many millions whos lives have been drastically changed by its Power including Kings, Presidents, Generals, The Rich, The Poor, the Affluent, The Hedonist, the Murderer, the Sexually Immoral, and others from all sorts of walks.

1) evolution requires transitional mutations why is it that there are no fossil records of these transitional forms? (ex. fish with little arms and legs) ALL organisms in the fossil record are fully formed without transitional stages the fossil record does not support evolution theory and it is true with every class of animal 2) Tom Kemp states in the "New Scientist" -- "fossil species appear instantaneously in the fossil record, persist for some millions of years virtually unchanged, only to disappear abruptly" 3) To change species genes have to change first, the theory is mutations work these changes, BUT mutations are almost always harmful, usually resulting in the inability for reproduction or even death, in humans it's classed as 'birth defects'. It stretches credibility to suggest a series of 'birth defects', step by step, could change a Chevette into a Corvette...hehe 4) Simultaneous appearance of several gene mutations in one individual has never been observed 5) the problem of 'half-organs' -- if a lizard changes to a bird in a million years of evolution how does the arms change to wings without the arms being useless until the wings fully develop? 6) light sensitivity -- when light first strikes the retina a photon interacts with a 11-cis-retinal molecule which rearranges to trans-retinal, this forces a change in the shape of a protein, rhodopsin, that is tightly bound, then sticks to another protein, transducin, but before bumping into it it's tightly bound to a molecule called GDP. When the interaction occurs the GDP falls off and that binds to another molecule, transducin. Then the new molecule binds to a protein called phosphodiesterase, located in the inner membrane of the cell. When attached it gains an ability to 'cut' a molecule called cGMP. When the amount of cGMP is reduced due to the cleavage by the phosphodiesterace the ion channel closes, causing the cellular concentration of positively charged ions to be reduced, causing an imbalance of charge across the cell membrane that causes a current in the optic nerve. Yea right, chance mutations in an evolutionary sequence 'accidentally' made all this happen. 7) Why aren't fish today trying to develop little arms and legs? If evolution is happening we would see it in some things today 8) living things are made up of cells, cells consist mostly of proteins. Proteins are chains of amino acids. A human cell has over 200,000 different proteins, each protein has hundreds of amino acids. Every amino acid has to have at least one activating enzyme. They have to be collected by transfer-RNA. When an amino acid joins a chain a water molecule is released, if water is present the molecule will be given back, reversing the chemical process. So much for life starting in an ocean. 9) DNA cannot do it's work without catalytic proteins, but proteins cannot form without DNA and DNA cannot form without proteins 10) the sun loses mass at 4 million tons per second, that means only 100,000 years ago the sun would have been twice as big as it is now. 100 million years ago, when the dinos were supposed to be thriving on earth the sun's surface would have extended far beyond the earth's orbit. Talk about global warming! 11) the moon is receding from the earth at about 4cm per year, and the rate would have been greater in the past. The moon could never have been closer than about 11,500 miles. Do the math the moon hasn't been around very long... 12) helium leaks out of the earth's crust at a measurable rate, some escapes but gravity holds most of it. Helium comprises only 5 parts per million in the atmosphere if the earth is so old there should be a lot more He in the air. 13) earth's rotation is slowing if it is billions of years old the rotation would have been too fast for it to form 14) the Mississippi River is said to have formed two million years ago but the rate of sedimentation at it's delta gives an age of only 4400 years. Sedimentation happens in the oceans too, if the oceans were just a billion years old the sediment would be 100,000 feet deep, instead of about 3000 as it is now. The oceans would have filled up in only 14 million years 15) radioactive decay and the speed of light is used to date things, what if the decay rate and speed of light is slowing down, the ages would be MUCH younger (in terms of thousands of years not millions or billions). And the distances to other stars and galaxies would be far shorter, would be a much smaller and younger universe 16)Polonium-218 half-life is only 3 minutes yet everywhere on earth 'halos' made in the rock by the decay shows up, meaning that the rock didn't cool slowly from a molten state, it was created very swiftly and cooled very quickly 17) on April 26, 1890, Arizona Tombstone Epitaph carried a report of a winged monster, resembling a huge alligator with an extremely elongated tail and an immense pair of wings, was found on the desert between the Whetstone and Huachuca mountains by a couple ranchers. The creature was exhausted from flying when discovered and was able to fly just short distances at a time. The ranchers pursued it and eventually shot it dead. It measured 92 feet in length, had two feet and it's head was about 8 feet long. Wing span was about 160 feet. Gee sounds like a dino, or a 'dragon' to me, supposedly extinct for millions of years... 18) after years of plotting galaxies a distinct pattern has been discovered, seems like the universe is a vast x/y/z coordinate system the galaxies seem to be lined up in a 3-dimensional matrix, so much for the random scattering of mass
I could go on and on, and I just did I guess!hehe In Job 38:4 God has a question for the evolutionists -- "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundations?" The problem with evil is that it comes in many forms. And after doing some research on Daniel C. Dennett as advised above I think he is just another pencil-neck pointy-headed intellectual idiot that has a massive disdain for anything bigger than his swelled ego. And I bet he couldn't even change the oil in his car. Cardiologist Maurice Rawlings has written a book "To Hell and Back" in 1993 about near-death experiences. Many say they see a 'light' or feeling a deep inner peace, but some also tell of terrors of a 'hell', I wonder why these experiences never seem to get publicity?
This is all I'm going to say about this and I ask for your forgiveness about this long off-topic post but I felt these things needed to be brought up. Remember the 'golden rule' let's be nice to each other and live well and happy, and let's get out there and have some fun in our 'Vettes, I'm heading out to do that now!
Butcher '96 LT-4 CE

I couldn't care less what you think about this topic, nor do I care what you think about what I think. All I was doing was pointing out that it is not a universal demand on Christians to believe one way or the other. And that is all I will say, except that, like Dad, I ignore "Dave".
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
'And that is all I will say, except that, like Dad, I ignore "Dave". AJM'
REPLY: But Dad doesnt. But thats ok.

A good more, Dimwit still hasn't leasned to keep his annoying religious delusions to himself...K