Speed Pulse wie c5

Hello

I lie in the UK and information is not so easy to get on US cars.

I have a 2001 C5 and want to fit a sat nav system, I need to know which wire is the speed pulse wire.

Can anybody tell me what colour it is and where to find it.

I would be most grateful.

Ray Bright

Reply to
yar

Yar this is for a non Z06 Going into the instrument cluster is a dark green wire with a white stripe, this is the VSS input at the cluster.

go>Hello

Reply to
Greg

Ray:

You *lie* in the UK?? Does this mean that you are incredibly lazy, or are you a chronic story teller? :o)

Reply to
Diode

Both at times

Thanks for the help , but can anyone confirm the colours,

Reply to
yar

Reply to
Greg

Depending on where you can best pick it up it is yellow from the vehicle speed sensor (VSS), going to the powertrain control module (PCM), from there to the VSS signal goes to the dash via a dark green/white wire.

Reply to
Dad

Reply to
Greg

Reply to
Greg

Thanks for all the help I shall print all this out and give it to the radio shop.

Any thoughts on upgrading the wheels and tyres on my 2001 convertible with run flat tyres?

Reply to
yar

Hated the run flats, (had 3 sets), I put a set of Continental ContiExtremeContact on my 98 and then moved them to the 04. Great tire, smooth, quiet, fair in water (better than EMTs), good in snow, wore smoothly, and didn't cup like the EMTs did. Did I mention quiet? Set mounted was right at $600US at the time. Second choice would be the Supercar EMTs, doubt your size is available yet and will cost 4X as much. Stick like glue but not impressed with the wet traction.

Reply to
Dad