Which factory radio is correct for a '72 Coupe?

I've been lookng at radios on eBay to replace the newer head unit that came in my '72 Cp. If I have this correct, the green dial mono radio goes up to 1971 and white dial stereo started some time in 1972. I had
the dash open and it looks like the transistor and heat sink is still there. There is only one transistor on the heat sink which seems to indicate it's mono. I'd like to put in the correct radio but if both are correct for the 1972 I'd rather have stereo.
John G.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

the heat sink and dial colors, but am/fm and stereo radios were available as options in both 71 and 72:
U69 ... AM/FM Radio $178 U79 ... Stereo Radio $283
Thanks WayneC - I guess stereo was always an option - my option list shows the AM/FM Radio @ $178 so it's mono. I'd still like to know the correct dial color for a '72 - and I think the knobs changed too. I'll resolve it in my future field studies . . .
JG

According to my NCRS '70-'72 Judging Manual:
"Two Delco AM/FM push-button radios are available, one having stereo FM reception. Both model radios use a slide bar above the dial for AM or FM band selection. The word "Delco" on the lens face should be in script lettering. When receiving FM stereo on 1970 and 1971 Corvettes, the word STEREO lights up in green block letters. On 1972s an orange dot glows to show stereo reception. Check both radio dials for cracking. Dials in 1970 and 1971 have light green numerals, 1972 has white numerals; just like the instruments."
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB
-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___
Thanks Owen, great info . . . .