Factory radio code

I am In need of the code for my vw 96 jetta facory radio.

Reply to
Mike

it should be with your radio manual for your car, maybe also located in your owners manual. If not I don't know of any other way to get it other than your VW dealer!

Reply to
VWGirl

They put it on to make your radio less of a target. A copy of it should have come with the manual or been given to the original owner. Making it public would sort of defeat the reason for having it.

A VW dealer should be able to check it for you.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Which is what I had to do when I bought my 94 Jetta III. All they needed was the VIN and off you went. BTW, I do wonder if the radio is really part of the alarm system.

Reply to
Mauricio